September is almost over. The school year has been underway for several weeks now. Hopefully you have your command center set up, your kids’ homework stations are working for you, and packing lunches are easy! Let’s take a few minutes to check in on your morning and evening routines. Are they still working for you?
Let’s start with your evening routine. The more you do the night before, the easier your morning is going to be. Here are some tips for your evening routine.
- Plan breakfast for the next morning.
- Pull out anything that needs to defrost for dinner and put it in fridge.
- Pack lunches for the next day.
- Pack backpacks, purses and bags with items needed for the next day. What events (soccer practice, piano lessons, choir, etc.) are happening? What does each person need for their activities?
- Ensure all permission slips are signed and placed in backpacks.
- Pick your clothes out (and have your kids’ pick out theirs).
- Set alarm clocks!
Now that you’re ready for the next day, your morning should run a bit smoother. Give yourself plenty of time to get ready before the kids get up. This will help you feel less rushed. And make sure your kids get up with plenty of time to get ready. My daughter likes to read books or play for a bit before we head off to school. I plan time into our morning for that.
What other tasks needs to be completed in the morning? Get the dishwasher running, dinner in the crockpot, etc. Have a checklist on the wall by the door to make sure you have everything you need as you head out the door!
What changes do you need to make to your routines for your mornings smoother?