As we wrap up February, I thought I’d share a few productivity tips. I don’t know about you, but my to-do list seems to grow longer each month instead of shorter. Somedays it’s downright overwhelming. Maybe it’s being home with a 14 month-old who doesn’t like to nap. Or maybe it’s me. Either way, I could certainly use to follow some of the advice below!
- Find a calendar you love and commit to it. It may be on your phone, on your iPad, or a paper version. Find one and commit to it.
- Create a list of everything you need to do. You can have separate lists for work and home, but don’t keep multiple to-do lists for your personal life.
- Manage your technology, don’t let it manage you. Check your email at certain times each day and have a specific time to respond to emails. Make sure the blogs and other items you receive are supporting you, not taking away your focus from something important.
- Schedule some downtime. Otherwise, that elusive spare time will never happen. It’s perfectly fine to schedule it.
- Break down tasks in to smaller steps. I’ve been wanting to work on my scrapbook for months now. As a whole, it feels very overwhelming. But I sat down a few weeks ago and put everything in my scrapbook box in order. Then I sat down and over a week went through pictures (all on the computer) to see what to print. Then I printed them. Next, I need to take those prints and get them mixed in with everything else. Then I Can sit down and start scrap booking. Tiny steps means I’m on my way to catching up with it.
These are just a few productivity steps to help wrap up February. Start thinking about how you can use them in March. For more tips, check out my Facebook page.