This week we are going to look at gifts. Start shopping soon so you’re not left scrambling for something at the last minute.
- Make a list of everyone you need to buy gifts for and any ideas you have for each person.
- Make a plan of when you are going to shop for the gifts. Are there items that need to be mailed ahead of time? (If yes, get started on those first).
- Check your gift wrapping supplies. Do you have enough wrapping paper, gift bags, tags, tape, bows?
- Can you challenge your loved ones to buying experiences instead of things? Memberships to the art museum, trips to a water park, time spent together?
- Create lists for you and your family of things you want / need. When people ask for gift ideas, it’ll be easy to share.
- Stock up on host/hostess gifts for any parties you might attend. These could be bottles of wine, homemade cookies or a package of cocktail napkins.
It’s even better if you can shop throughout the year. At the beginning of the year make a list of gifts you know you will need. Think of people when you’re traveling or spot something on sale. Then have a specific place (a labeled box) somewhere in your house to store these items. And make sure you label them so you remember who they’re for!
Action item: Start a list of people you need to buy gifts for and schedule a day (or 2) to do some gift shopping.