When should you hire me? If you answer yes to any of these questions!
- Are you tired of searching for things, from your keys, your favorite sweater, your kids socks, or that invitation you needed to RSVP to last week?
- Would you like to have dinner at the table but either the table is covered in stuff or your days are so chaotic you can’t get dinner together and end up just microwaving something and having everyone eat in front of the tv?
- Are you overwhelmed by your to-do list and want to throw the whole thing away?
- Do you feel like your house is stuffed to the brim with toys, clothes, things from your childhood you can’t seem to part with and who knows what that’s buried in the back of your closets and you just want some room to breath?
- Do you open the door to your storage room and just throw things in because you’re scared to turn on the light?
If you answered yes to any of these questions or just want some simple guidance on dealing with your stuff and your time, then call me! If you really want to know more, keep reading below for more on working with a professional organizer.
What should I expect when hiring a professional organizer?
You can expect someone who is non-judgmental, who’s been there, and who can help you figure out how to get started. Being organized looks different for everyone. Each person gets a plan designed specifically for him or her. This process is not about throwing away stuff, but making your space work to support the lifestyle you want to be living.
What can I expect during an organizing session?
I don’t care how messy things are, please don’t clean before I get there. I’m here to help! We start with a phone call, followed by a in-person discussion on the projects. Then we create a plan of how we are going to sort through everything. We’ll sort, we’ll decide, we’ll find things a home, we’ll talk about maintenance. We’ll get you through the tough spots! And you’ll have a fabulous space (or a simplified calendar) when we’re done!
How long is this going to take?
I work in 3 hour sessions. The number of sessions depends on the project and how quickly you can make decisions.
Why are you qualified to help me?
I am a member of the National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) and NAPO-Colorado. I take ongoing education classes through NAPO and attend regular meetings with the Colorado chapter. I have personal experience with clients and friends, as well as keeping my own house organized (with 2 toddlers!). I read many books and blogs on organizing and am constantly looking for new ideas.
What can someone in person actually do that I can’t find on some blogs or books?
You are welcome to read blogs and books on organizing! There are so many good ones out there. But sometimes you just need another person in the room to give you some accountability or a little push. Or you just don’t know where to start and a fresh pair of eyes can help. By bringing in a professional organizer, you can get help that is tailored just for you, with a focus on your needs and situation.