We are preparing for the holidays so you can enjoy them! This week we are going to look at gifts. Start shopping soon so you’re not left scrambling for something at the last minute.
- Make a list of everyone you need to buy gifts for and any ideas you have for each person.
- Make a plan of when you are going to shop for the gifts. Are there items that need to be mailed ahead of time? (If yes, get started on those first).
- Check your gift wrapping supplies. Do you have enough wrapping paper, gift bags, tags, tape, bows?
- Can you challenge your loved ones to buying experiences instead of things? Memberships to the art museum, trips to a water park, time spent together?
- Create lists for you and your family of things you want / need. When people ask for gift ideas, it’ll be easy to share.
- Stock up on host/hostess gifts for any parties you might attend. These could be bottles of wine, homemade cookies or a package of cocktail napkins.
It’s even better if you can shop throughout the year. At the beginning of the year make a list of gifts you know you will need. Think of people when you’re traveling or spot something on sale. Then have a specific place (a labeled box) somewhere in your house to store these items. And make sure you label them so you remember who they’re for!
Action item: Start a list of people you need to buy gifts for and schedule a day (or 2) to do some gift shopping.