Ok, you’ve spent all this time getting your house organized and I bet you want to keep it that way. This week, we’re going to look at maintaining your beautifully organized house.
- Never leave a room empty handed.
- When going upstairs (or downstairs) or to another room, take something with you that belongs elsewhere. My daughters hairclips end up all over the house and I’m constantly bringing them back to their box in the kitchen (or asking her to put them away).
- Straighten as you go.
- When putting away laundry, pull out clothes that don’t fit and make sure clothes (and linens) are neatly put away.
- Connect a task to another habit.
- Clean old food out of the refrigerator when planning your meals for the week (or when it’s trash day).
It’s also a good idea to identify routines and systems you need to have in place. Ask yourself the following questions.
- How often do you clean out your closets? Paperwork? Refrigerator? Pantry? Storage spaces?
- What does your weekly routine look like? When do you buy groceries? Run errands? Clean? Plan meals? Do laundry? Pay bills? File?
- What does your morning routine look like? Do you make sure dinner is defrosted? Clean up breakfast dishes? Get a load of laundry in the dryer?
- What does your nightly routine look like? Do you pick up toys? Make lunches? Pack bags for the next day? Take some time for yourself?
This week, take some time to plan how you are going to maintain your newly organized projects.